Many Residential Management Companies are capable of managing their block without the need for a Managing Agent. However there may be certain areas where you may not have expertise or may be unaware of legislation that could affect you. We offer individual services to help clients who may not want a Managing Agent but do require assistance of some sort:
- Site inspections – Whether you would like a one-off visit or regular inspections we have the skills and knowledge to assess your property and advise in which areas improvements could be made. We can also organise for a surveyor to carry out a full condition survey and create a 10 year maintenance plan including budget costs (we highly recommend this).
- Arranging works – We have a wide range of trusted and reliable contractors and are happy to arrange work from minor repairs to cyclical maintenance.
- Cash books/accounting – We can provide a book-keeping service for service charge income and expenditure to include a monthly reconciliation to the bank accounts and thus ensuring that you are kept aware of the Company’s financial position.
- Ground rent collection – We can offer a ground rent collection service
- Service Charge collection – We can collect service charges for you and credit to the Company’s account on a weekly or monthly basis as agreed.
- Debt Collection – Sometimes it can be difficult to pursue your neighbours for unpaid sums. We can attempt to collect these sums on an informal basis but with the threat of referral to Debt Collection Solicitors if the informal approach does not work. This would be at no cost to the Company as the defaulting lessee would be responsible for all fees incurred
- AGM’s – We offer a range of services in relation to AGM’s which include organising date/location and notifying residents, attending to offer advice and taking and sending out minutes.
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance – You may not be aware but, as a Director of a Flat Management Company, you can be held accountable for decisions made on behalf of the other lessees. It is vital that you maintain D&O insurance to a suitable sum to ensure you are protected in the event that a poor decision is made with subsequent financial loss to the other lessees
- Section 20 Consultation – An expenditure that will cost any one Lessee £250 or more must be subject to a Section 20 consultation. We will take care of this process, which includes notifying all Leaseholders, as well as liaising with contractors during the tendering process if required. We can also issue invoices and collect money should additional funds be required to carry out the works.
- Company secretary –For a one off annual payment we will ensure that the Company’s obligations as per the Companies Act are met. This will include filing all appointment/resignation of Director forms, filing Annual Accounts with Companies House, ensuring that all requirements are met with HMRC in connection with payment of tax.
Health & Safety:
- Arranging health & safety/fire risk assessments – Many residents managing blocks themselves are unaware of legislation relating to health and safety. We can advise you on matters relating to health and safety and also organise for assessments to be carried.
- Arranging and renewing buildings insurance – We will liaise with insurance brokers on your behalf to try to get the best deal possible, we will also renew annually on your instruction.
- Parking enforcement – Our strong working relationship with a major UK company allows us to offer a parking enforcement service which can help eliminate parking problems at your property.
- Out of hours call handling – Unfortunately not all problems present themselves during office hours. We offer an out of hours call handling service to allow urgent issues to be dealt with when our staff are out of the office. There are some issues such as leaks and electrical faults that require urgent attention and should be dealt with immediately.